Budding young scientists: Arise & awaken! Welcome to Shastra 2015 - The Children’s Science Congress!
Kerala Science and Technology Society ( India)
Kerala Science and Technology Society (India) is an young scientific organization registered under Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act.1955 with Headquarters at Cochin. The main objectives of the Society are to inculcate interest and scientific temper among students and the youth, organize science seminars, exhibitions and other science and technology related activities
Rotary Club of Cochin Lords
Rotary is an international organization of 1.26 million community volunteers, a global network of businessmen and professional leaders, who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards and help build goodwill and peace in the world. Rotary Club of Cochin Lords is one of the active clubs under the Rotary District 3201. The Club organizes various socio-cultural and educational projects for the overall improvement of quality of life in association with other Rotary clubs and other organisations.
Here is a forum to exhibit your creativity and innovation in science! The Rotary Club of
Cochin Lords and Kerala Science and Technology Society (India) jointly organize
Shastra 2015 - the Children’s Science Congress for the promising bright students of 8th
to 12th standards. A unique opportunity to improve the scientific temperament and expand their
innovative and inventive talents in the field of science and technology. The science congress will
also facilitate a platform for young scientists to pursue their natural curiosity and to
quench their thirst for creativity by engaging themselves in experimental explorations and
research to solve scientific problems and their analysis.
The budding young scientists of Kerala can make an impact on the scientific scene so that their dreams come true! The event is a chance of a lifetime for the young scientists in the 8th to 12th standards to build and expand on their project work or assignments in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology to enhance their creativity and innovative capacities in logically analyzing problems for arriving at solutions using scientific principles.
Shasthra 2015 will stimulate the students with scientific temperament and the right inclination towards comprehending and utilizing the scientific methodology for observation, collection of data, experimental design and analysis and for presenting their findings with the help of the most modern communication tools.
- Prof. (Dr.) A. Vijayakumar -Dept. of Mathematics, CUSAT.
- Prof. (Dr.) C. S. Poulose -Dept. of Biotechnology, CUSAT
- Dr. Francy T V - Principal Maharajas College, Cochin
- Fr. George Pittappillil CMI - Vice Provincial CMI Rajagiri Province, Cochin
- Prof. (Dr.) K. G. Nair - Director, Science in Society, CUSAT
- Fr.( Dr.) Palackappillil CMI - Principal Sacred Heart College, Thevara, Cochin
- Sri. E. Ramankutty Warrier - Director, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
- Smt. Maya Mohan - Principal Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Vaduthala, Cochin
- N M George- Principal Toc H Public School, Cochin
- Prof. (Dr.) N. R. Menon -Director, ICZM, CUSAT
- Mrs. Sreekala Ramasubrahmaniam - Principal St. Peter’s school, Kolenchery, Cochin
- Dr. P Sreekumar - Chairman Vidyodaya School, Thevakkal, Cochin
- Smt. Sreekumari - Principal Kendriya Vidyalaya Kadavantra, Cochin
- Rtn. Major Donor Venugopalan Menon - Dist. Governor (3201)
- Rtn. PDG. Venugopal C Govind, FCA - Mg. Partner, Varma & Varma
- Rev. Sr. Vinitha CSST (Dr. Celine E) - Principal St. Teresa’s college, Cochin
- Prof. (Dr.) V.P. N. Nampoothri - Professor Emeritus, CSIR, CUSAT
Chairman – Rtn. PP. Dr.K.V.Thomas
Secretary – Rtn.PP.Mathew Phililp
Treasurer - Mr. K.R.Venugopal
Joint Secretary – Mr. U.Padmanabhan
- Rtn.PP (Dr.) A.Ramachandran
- Prof. Dr.C.P.Girija Vallabhan
- Rtn. PP. Dr.Leelamma Thomas
- Rtn. PP. Manoharan Nair
- Rtn N C Prasanth
- Rtn. Maya Jayarajan
- Rtn. Vinod V Pillai
- Rtn. Dr. PP Jayarajan
- Mr. P Jayaraman
- Mr. U S Raveendran
- Dr. C Madhavan
- Rt. Suresh
- Rtn. Srijith. V